Golfers keep tradition of give-aways at Waste Management Phoenix Open's famed 16th hole
The 16th hole at the Phoenix Open is known for its party atmosphere, but what's a party without some good favors?
It's become a tradition over the years for golfers to hand out gifts to fans in the grandstands that surround the hole, and Friday was no exception.
Golfers tossed out hats, shirts, autographed mini-footballs and other accessories.
Danny Lee likely had the best gift of the day, as he handed out a brand new phone to one lucky fan, John Allen, a South Dakota native.
“I've got two phones now. In some ways, I believe Kevin Gates is rapping about me and my life,” said Allen,... read more
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...