Gonzaga beats Saint Mary's 85-75 in WCC title game
LAS VEGAS — Gonzaga reached the NCAA Tournament the previous 17 times by building its resume over the course of the season.
The Zags didn't have that luxury this year. Lose in the West Coast Conference title game and there was a chance one of the nation's longest NCAA streaks would come to an end.
Gonzaga took the guesswork out of its postseason fate with a dominating offensive performance, shooting its way past Saint Mary's 85-75 Tuesday night in the WCC championship game to earn its 18th straight NCAA Tournament berth.
"All is well in Zagville!" Gonzaga coach Mark Few told the... read more
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...