Gonzalez: Gov. Cuomo still has a lot to prove on immigration reform unless he wants to lose Latino support
Gov. Cuomo is talking out of both sides of his mouth.
That’s what Latino leaders are saying after the state Senate failed by just two votes on Monday to pass a bill to provide tuition assistance to undocumented immigrant college students.
And Cuomo will hear that message loud and clear when he appears before thousands of Hispanic leaders this weekend at the annual Somos El Futuro conference in Albany.
The defeated bill, known as the DREAM Act, would affect some 8,000 college-age immigrants who were brought to this country as children by their parents. Four states have already passed similar... read more
- 19:20 Rattlers take on Green Bay Blizzard a week after wild ride into a...
- 19:02 For Trump, Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team
- 18:38 Hot potato: Dems shy from Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump
- 18:35 Scottsdale's Auston Matthews has hottest selling hockey jersey
- 18:09 John Bolton announces Mira Ricardel as deputy adviser
- 17:52 Chandler's Morgan Foster lucky to be alive after crashing car...
- 17:12 Archie Bradley and Jim Thome: Best friends after MLB Network...
- 16:57 ASU athletics mourns the passing of supporter Steve Butterfield
- 16:46 Phoenix Rising FC set for USL clash with Swope Park Rangers
- 16:26 Paul Moro, Arizona's all-time winningest high school football...