Gonzalez: Gov. Cuomo still has a lot to prove on immigration reform unless he wants to lose Latino support
Gov. Cuomo is talking out of both sides of his mouth.
That’s what Latino leaders are saying after the state Senate failed by just two votes on Monday to pass a bill to provide tuition assistance to undocumented immigrant college students.
And Cuomo will hear that message loud and clear when he appears before thousands of Hispanic leaders this weekend at the annual Somos El Futuro conference in Albany.
The defeated bill, known as the DREAM Act, would affect some 8,000 college-age immigrants who were brought to this country as children by their parents. Four states have already passed similar... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold