Goodyear charter school assured state it would turn things around months before closure
CLOSE Attorney Quacy L. Smith on Feb. 5, 2018, talks about the hardship his clients face after Discovery Creemos Academy in Goodyear shut down last week with no notice to parents. Nick Oza/azcentral.com
A few months before Discovery Creemos Academy closed with no notice, president and CEO Daniel Hughes assured the state's charter school board that he would turn around the financially and academically failing Goodyear charter school.
The Arizona State Board for Charter Schools — despite concerns about the school's academic and financial performance — agreed unanimously in June to allow the... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...