GOP legislators amplify call to impeach Salem judge who issued light sentence on drug dealer
Republicans on Beacon Hill say a judge’s consideration of a drug dealer’s immigration status in putting him on probation rather than in jail show the jurist has set up two tracks for justice in his courtroom and fuels their growing calls for impeachment.
Reps. Geoff Diehl and Jim Lyons called on legislators to join their measure to remove Salem Superior Court Judge Timothy Q. Feeley from the bench after he sentenced a 33-year-old street-level drug dealer to two years’ probation.
Feeley, in a pre-sentencing hearing, told the defendant’s lawyer he would send him to jail if he was a citizen,... read more
- 00:27 Trump defiant despite rising outrage over border separations
- 00:27 In tit-for-tat, Trump threatens more tariffs against China
- 00:15 Origins of family separation issue stretch back many years
- 20:10 What life inside Japanese internment camps was like
- 19:33 All 5 first ladies speak out on family separations at border
- 19:11 Judge: Kansas cannot require proof of citizenship to vote
- 18:45 Ted Cruz introducing legislation to keep migrant families together
- 15:28 Records: Trump Tower failed to follow fish protection rules
- 14:50 Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back:...
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot