GOP nominee says 'we are the party of Trump.' A Texas Republican disagrees.
After a recently elected GOP nominee declared Republicans "the party of President Donald J. Trump," one Texas congressman took to Twitter to rebuke the notion.
"I respectfully disagree w/ the future congresswoman," wrote Rep. Matt Krause, a Fort Worth-area Republican. "We should be a party of principles, not personalities."
"What made GOP the party of Lincoln & Reagan was their practical fulfillment of deeply held principles," he continued. "If Trump does the same, so be it. If not, we should voice opposition."
I respectfully disagree w/... read more
- 00:27 Trump defiant despite rising outrage over border separations
- 00:27 In tit-for-tat, Trump threatens more tariffs against China
- 00:15 Origins of family separation issue stretch back many years
- 20:10 What life inside Japanese internment camps was like
- 19:33 All 5 first ladies speak out on family separations at border
- 19:11 Judge: Kansas cannot require proof of citizenship to vote
- 18:45 Ted Cruz introducing legislation to keep migrant families together
- 15:28 Records: Trump Tower failed to follow fish protection rules
- 14:50 Trump official denies separating families. O'Rourke fires back:...
- 10:35 SJC rejects putting 'millionaire tax' on ballot