Gov. Abbott talks trade with Ireland's prime minister
AUSTIN — Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar and Gov. Greg Abbott huddled in Austin on Sunday to discuss improved trade between the Lone Star State and Ireland, ranging from technology, healthcare and liquified natural gas industries.
Varadkar was in Austin as his first stop on a multi-state tour that will conclude with a meeting in Washington with President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.
In a statement, Abbott said Texas ranks 16 among states for exports to Ireland, totaling $172.2 million, with technology being one of the prime components. Texas also imports more than $2... read more
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions
- 20:54 Arizona Diamondbacks' Steven Souza Jr. out a 'couple of weeks' with...
- 20:26 Arizona Coyotes score goal after puck gets stuck in goalie’s skate
- 19:53 Arizona Cardinals announce key offseason dates