Gov. Abbott talks trade with Ireland's prime minister
AUSTIN — Irish Prime Minister Leo Varadkar and Gov. Greg Abbott huddled in Austin on Sunday to discuss improved trade between the Lone Star State and Ireland, ranging from technology, healthcare and liquified natural gas industries.
Varadkar was in Austin as his first stop on a multi-state tour that will conclude with a meeting in Washington with President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.
In a statement, Abbott said Texas ranks 16 among states for exports to Ireland, totaling $172.2 million, with technology being one of the prime components. Texas also imports more than $2... read more
- 00:21 Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen pleads guilty in hush-money scheme
- 23:52 Cohen pleads guilty, implicates Trump in hush-money scheme
- 23:17 The Latest: Cheney wins GOP nomination for US House
- 20:19 Lupe Valdezâs pistol found, Dallas County Sheriffâs Office...
- 19:30 The Latest: Trump opens rally amid 2 associates' legal woes
- 18:56 How the case of former Trump fixer Michael Cohen went down
- 18:11 Silent on Cohen, Trump says Manafort conviction 'a disgrace'
- 17:45 Memes abound following news of guilty verdicts for Paul Manafort,...
- 16:07 Michael Flynn not yet ready to be sentenced, prosecutors say
- 15:32 Gov. Abbottâs call for more Texas teachers making $100k draws...