Gov. Abbott wants to visit Mars?
AUSTIN -- Talk about an out-of-this world item for your bucket list?
On Thursday, while touring India's Taj Mahal, a 1600s tomb listed one of the Wonders of the World, Gov. Greg Abbott told reporters accompanying him that it had always been one of his life-long dreams to see the revered shrine.
"Frankly, I doubted if I would ever get to see Taj Mahal," said Abbott, whose life changed dramatically when a falling tree limb severed his spine in 1984 when he was a law school graduate studying for the bar in Houston.
He has used a wheel chair ever since.
Recommended Video: Now Playing:... read more
- 15:20 Houston City Council agrees to subsidize Fifth Ward grocery
- 15:20 What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- 11:26 Hoping for a blue wave, Texas Democrats instead got smacked this week
- 11:12 Trump: Not concerned about Manafort cooperation
- 10:59 Trump arrives in North Carolina to survey Florence damage
- 10:59 After mocking Kavanaughâs accuser on Twitter, Texas attorney...
- 09:59 Trump rips Sessions: 'I don't have an attorney general'
- 06:40 Houston to consider tiny tax rate hike