Gov. Scott trades up on new plane
Rick Scott is the first governor in the history of Florida (and likely the last) to travel the state in his own personal jet.
He's a one-man airline.
As a candidate in 2010, Scott thought it was extravagant for taxpayers to pay for two state aircraft to transport politicians in the nation's fourth-largest state. Elect me, Scott promised, and I'll get rid of those expensive toys.
He got elected and ditched both planes, which would have been impossible if Scott wasn't rich enough to travel in style on his own nickel.
Selling the planes grounded other state officials, who must... read more
- 16:00 Melania Trump announces restoration of Blue Room furniture
- 15:10 The Latest: US identifies remains of 2 Korean War soldiers
- 14:56 Trump to address drugs, nuclear weapons in UN speeches
- 06:53 Political boot camp for women? One Texas university is working on it
- 00:29 North Korea's offer of concessions comes with a catch for US
- 00:29 Trump's tariffs put GOP candidates in a bind in rural areas