Gov. Scott trades up on new plane
Rick Scott is the first governor in the history of Florida (and likely the last) to travel the state in his own personal jet.
He's a one-man airline.
As a candidate in 2010, Scott thought it was extravagant for taxpayers to pay for two state aircraft to transport politicians in the nation's fourth-largest state. Elect me, Scott promised, and I'll get rid of those expensive toys.
He got elected and ditched both planes, which would have been impossible if Scott wasn't rich enough to travel in style on his own nickel.
Selling the planes grounded other state officials, who must... read more
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer
- 13:15 Former ASU offensive lineman Stephen Berg dies at 34