Grammys chief Neil Portnow talks diversity: 'Music is different'
With the diversity debate front and center during this year's awards season, Recording Academy President/CEO Neil Portnow graded the 2016 Grammys on their representation of nonwhite, nonmale faces, and comment on one of the night's biggest artists, Kendrick Lamar.
Speaking to reporters backstage, Portnow answered questions about Lamar's night, after the rapper delivered a racially charged performance and swept the hip hop categories but failed to win any of the general categories in which he was nominated, including song and album of the year.
"For Kendrick, it was a big night and we... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold