Grand Canyon basketball's season ends in CBI first round after barrage of 3s
Grand Canyon's greatest strength this season became its biggest weakness on Wednesday night.
The 3-point shot, something the Antelopes defended so well, kept falling for Mercer, especially for guard Ross Cummings, and their season ended with a thud at GCU Arena.
Cummings made 5 of 7 3-pointers and Mercer beat GCU 78-73 in the first round of the College Basketball Invitational.
Mercer (19-14), which advances to a Monday quarterfinal against North Texas, made 10 of 20 3-pointers.
GCU held opponents to 27-percent shooting from behind the arc entering the game.
Mercer went on an 11-0 run to... read more
- 19:22 Diamondbacks slugger Paul Goldschmidt hoping elbow issues are...
- 18:52 Arizona Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet to attend mother's funeral,...
- 18:45 Death penalty for drug traffickers part of Trump opioid plan
- 18:35 Michigan State's golden opportunity for another national title is over
- 17:53 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 17:12 ASU women face Texas in NCAA Tournament second-round game in Austin
- 17:04 Matt Haarms' hair takes the nation by storm
- 16:16 NJ Devils: Is Michael Grabner heating up? Penalty kill flourishes...
- 15:59 Playoff-bound Predators keep winning, but still searching for ways...
- 15:19 South Korean diplomat says Kim has 'given his word' on nukes