Greek civil service union launches 2-day strike
ATHENS, Greece Greek civil servants, including hospital and teaching staff, have started a two-day strike against austerity measures imposed under the debt-mired country's international bailout commitments.
Unions are also planning a protest march later Wednesday through central Athens.
Greece's Adedy umbrella public sector union has accused the conservative-led government of taking too passive a stance in its latest round of negotiations with bailout creditors, which concluded on Monday. Unionists are also angry at cost-saving plans to sack thousands of public sector workers.
Prime... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco