Groundhog Day report: Flu's worsening shadow blanketing US
NEW YORK (AP) — It looks like Groundhog Day for the nation's flu report, too: It's gotten worse, and there are weeks of suffering ahead.
The government's latest report out Friday shows the flu season continued to intensify last week.
One of every 14 visits to doctors and clinics were for symptoms of the flu. That's the highest level since the swine flu pandemic in 2009.
Last week, 42 states reported high patient traffic for the flu, up from 39. Hospital stays because of the flu were also up.
Experts had thought this season might be bad, but its intensity has surprised most everyone. The flu... read more
- 19:12 Putin soccer ball gift to Trump gets routine security check
- 19:12 Abbott campaign 'tracker' gets angry pushback at Valdez rally
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve