Groundhog Day report: Flu's worsening shadow blanketing US
NEW YORK (AP) — It looks like Groundhog Day for the nation's flu report, too: It's gotten worse, and there are weeks of suffering ahead.
The government's latest report out Friday shows the flu season continued to intensify last week.
One of every 14 visits to doctors and clinics were for symptoms of the flu. That's the highest level since the swine flu pandemic in 2009.
Last week, 42 states reported high patient traffic for the flu, up from 39. Hospital stays because of the flu were also up.
Experts had thought this season might be bad, but its intensity has surprised most everyone. The flu... read more
- 15:36 US panel says it's OK to use nasal spray flu vaccine again
- 14:57 Mueller files new charges in Manafort case
- 14:35 Steven Souza Jr. trade reaction: Arizona Diamondbacks rob 'tanking'...
- 14:22 Gilbert High students stage walkout after 17 killed at Florida high...
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today