Guatemala strongman trial hears litany of horrors
GUATEMALA CITY -- Witness have testified about a litany of horrors in the trial of Guatemala's former U.S.-backed military strongman, describing to judges the shelling of villages, beheadings and body parts kicked around like soccer balls.
After several days of testimony from women subjected to sexual violence, judges in the trial of Efrain Rios Montt heard Thursday from the victims of massacres, and from forensic experts.
Rios Montt is on trial along with his former head of intelligence in connection with the deaths of 1,771 Mayan Indians during the military dictatorship he led from March... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House