Guatemala strongman trial hears litany of horrors
GUATEMALA CITY -- Witness have testified about a litany of horrors in the trial of Guatemala's former U.S.-backed military strongman, describing to judges the shelling of villages, beheadings and body parts kicked around like soccer balls.
After several days of testimony from women subjected to sexual violence, judges in the trial of Efrain Rios Montt heard Thursday from the victims of massacres, and from forensic experts.
Rios Montt is on trial along with his former head of intelligence in connection with the deaths of 1,771 Mayan Indians during the military dictatorship he led from March... read more
- 12:17 First campaign ads in Houston-area congressional race
- 12:17 Andrew White resigns as church elder
- 11:59 First ladies Trump, Macron tour National Gallery's Cezannes
- 11:59 Trump: North Korea wants meeting 'as soon as possible'
- 11:36 Kids with rare rapid-aging disease get hope from study drug
- 11:32 Christian Kirk, Mark Andrews, Isaiah Oliver could be Arizona's next...
- 09:32 The Latest: Trump welcomes Macron at White House
- 04:07 Dutch probe 'appalling' euthanasia of dementia patient
- 03:44 Opioid treatment gap in Medicare: methadone clinics
- 02:59 Senators considering a delay for VA confirmation hearing