Guatemala strongman trial hears litany of horrors
GUATEMALA CITY Witness have testified about a litany of horrors in the trial of Guatemala's former U.S.-backed military strongman, describing to judges the shelling of villages, beheadings and body parts kicked around like soccer balls.
After several days of testimony from women subjected to sexual violence, judges in the trial of Efrain Rios Montt heard Thursday from the victims of massacres, and from forensic experts.
Rios Montt is on trial along with his former head of intelligence in connection with the deaths of 1,771 Mayan Indians during the military dictatorship he led from March 23,... read more
- 02:51 Short-handed Diamondbacks nearly no-hit by Padres
- 02:33 Horizon wins at home on ninth-inning walk-off, 4-3
- 01:03 Giuliani adds toughness, star power to legal team for Trump
- 01:03 Haley's response: 'I don't get confused' draws notice
- 01:03 Steyer's talk of impeaching Trump not appealing to Dems
- 00:46 Dems' lawsuit alleges conspiracy between Trump camp, Russia
- 00:22 Madisen Duryea builds on home run total as Bradshaw Mountain...
- 23:17 Arizona Diamondbacks' bullpen getting results without overpowering...
- 22:09 Diamondbacks hold A.J. Pollock, Chris Owings out after outfield...
- 21:38 High holiday: Pot fans join 420 smoke-out in San Francisco