Gunman gets ready to take aim at Dearborn cops - until a local hero foils the plot
Doug Berry and his 20-year-old son, Patrick Berry, awaited the 6:45 p.m. Saturday train on the platform at the Dearborn Amtrak station, behind the police station.
The rumble of trains fascinates and soothes Patrick, who has severe autism, and the father-son pair are regulars at the station, so much so that the train engineers wave and call out to Patrick by name.
But Doug Berry's ordinary routine and sharp eye averted a potentially violent confrontation with a suicidal gunman apparently bent on opening fire at police.
Berry called 911 when he saw an agitated man stalk the police station... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'