Gunman reported at University of Rhode Island
South Kingstown, R.I. - Police are investigating reports of a gunman at the University of Rhode Island.Steven O'Donnell, head of the Rhode Island State Police, tells the Associated Press on Thursday that there is no evidence of an active shooter.
The school in South Kingstown wrote on its Twitter feed late Thursday morning that it was investigating a possible gunman on campus. It told people to seek shelter and stay where they were.
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant