Guns, gallows humor and threats: The chaotic hours that led to Don Shooter's expulsion
CLOSE Arizona House Speaker J.D. Mesnard records the vote to officially expel Rep. Don Shooter from the House on Feb. 1, 2018. Carly Henry/azcentral.com
J.D. Mesnard, the speaker of the House of Representatives, was barreling toward the state Capitol in his Honda Civic hybrid after a restless night.
He dreaded the day ahead.
Don Shooter, a lawmaker from Yuma, had been found by an investigation to have sexually harassed seven women and Mesnard had already stripped him of his committee positions. Days earlier, after researching punishments meted out at statehouses across the U.S. for such... read more
- 00:45 Trump embraces longtime US foe Putin, doubting own intel
- 00:45 Republicans join Democrats in condemning Trump's remarks
- 00:32 Summit takeaways: Trump doubts intel, plays trusted friend
- 20:20 Former Texas congressman Blake Farenthold shells out big dollars...
- 19:50 Judge mentions Supreme Court shift as Texas fetal burial trial begins
- 17:28 Trump-Putin summit leaves wake of confusion, outrage in US
- 17:28 Russian hackers used US online infrastructure against itself
- 16:36 US intel chief stands by assessment of Russian meddling
- 16:36 Trump: Putin made 'incredible offer' in Russian hacking case