Harris County Commissioners Court OKs $ 105M plan to renovate Astrodome into event space
Harris County Commissioners Court voted unanimously Tuesday to move forward with a plan to renovate the Astrodome into a revenue-generating event and convention space.
The vote was no surprise, as the court signaled its intentions in September 2016 when it approved the design and engineering of the $105 million project.
Tuesday's decision was the final go-ahead before design and eventual construction of a project that would raise the ground level two floors to fit in roughly 1,400 parking spaces, and transform the former Eighth Wonder of the World into a venue for festivals and... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...