Harris County Commissioners Court OKs $ 105M plan to renovate Astrodome into event space
Harris County Commissioners Court voted unanimously Tuesday to move forward with a plan to renovate the Astrodome into a revenue-generating event and convention space.
The vote was no surprise, as the court signaled its intentions in September 2016 when it approved the design and engineering of the $105 million project.
Tuesday's decision was the final go-ahead before design and eventual construction of a project that would raise the ground level two floors to fit in roughly 1,400 parking spaces, and transform the former Eighth Wonder of the World into a venue for festivals and... read more
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez
- 18:06 Police: Third Arizona student arrested in 2 days after bringing gun...
- 17:31 Dominant NL West, 'Babe Ruth of Japan' highlight 2018 Cactus League
- 16:45 More access sought for Border Patrol on federal land near border
- 16:45 Officials: Man shot by Mesa police has died