Harris County Commissioners Court OKs $ 105M plan to renovate Astrodome into event space
Harris County Commissioners Court voted unanimously Tuesday to move forward with a plan to renovate the Astrodome into a revenue-generating event and convention space.
The vote was no surprise, as the court signaled its intentions in September 2016 when it approved the design and engineering of the $105 million project.
Tuesday's decision was the final go-ahead before design and eventual construction of a project that would raise the ground level two floors to fit in roughly 1,400 parking spaces, and transform the former Eighth Wonder of the World into a venue for festivals and... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler