Harris County officials decry GLO plan to use $8 million meant for Harvey buyouts
A proposal from the state of Texas to use part of Harris County's allocation of federal disaster recovery funds to pay for the state's share of a federal housing repair program is drawing fire from county officials who say the state is taking money from Hurricane Harvey victims in need.
Federal grant funds typically flow through the state.
The Texas General Land Office published a draft "action plan" of how to use the federal funds earlier this month – out of roughly $46 million allocated to Harris County, the proposal designates $8 million to pay for the state's match of a... read more
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...