Harris County Sheriff offers safe location for online sales transactions
The Harris County Sheriff's Office will offer a safe place for residents to conduct person-to-person sales transactions, the agency announced Friday.
Deputies at the District 4 substation at 16715 Clay Road will be on hand Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. to supervise sales such as those conducted using websites like Craigslist and Nextdoor.
Deputies will not help residents haggle over prices, but merely will ensure everyone's safety, the sheriff's office said.
Sheriff Ed Gonzalez, as a Houston City Council member, helped create a program in 2015 which opened Houston Police... read more
- 14:01 Why did Nancy Pelosi avoid the two hottest Texas congressional...
- 11:29 Melania Trump to address cyberbullying summit in Maryland
- 07:22 The Latest: Brennan says Trump is trying to silence critics
- 00:56 Trump pulls Brennan's clearance, links move to Russia probe
- 00:32 Jury to begin deliberating in Manafort financial fraud trial
- 00:32 Trump's list: Those who might lose their security clearance
- 21:29 The Latest: Brennan calls Trump action 'abuse of power'