Harris County to analyze payment processes after nearly losing $900K to fraudster
Harris County Commissioners Court voted unanimously this week to hire an outside firm to analyze how the county processes and sends out payments, after revelations last month that the county nearly lost $900,000 to a fraudster posing as a contractor.
According to a county document, the county is seeking an outside firm that will perform two tasks:
"1) Assess the quality of the County's internal controls over the funds disbursement process; and
2) Assess the County's internal cybersecurity controls as they relate to funds disbursement"
The hiring of the firm comes after it was... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'