Harrisburg, Newark among priciest airports last year
With the spread of discount airlines across the country, some fliers have come to expect airfare deals. But those may have been hard to come by last year at a handful of airports that had the highest ticket prices in the U.S.
“When you have less competition, fewer seats and strong demand from a region, you have the ability to raise fares,’’ says Scott Miller, spokesman for Harrisburg International Airport in Pennsylvania, where the average domestic fare was $480.32 in the third quarter of 2015. That's the second highest among the nation’s top 100 airports. “To the consumer it’s... read more
- 21:38 Diamondbacks down Padres, roll to another series victory
- 18:43 Reports: Cardinals safety Budda Baker's brother killed in Seattle...
- 17:55 What are Arizona Cardinals' greatest needs in the draft?
- 17:34 Cardinals 7-round mock draft nets WR, CB and yes, a QB with 1st 3...
- 15:32 Arizona Coyotes rookie Clayton Keller named finalist for Calder trophy
- 15:27 Diamondbacks are planning for Jake Lamb to return on Tuesday
- 14:24 Detroit Tigers, Michael Fulmer give Make-A-Wish recipient day to...
- 13:58 White House: No plans by Trump to fire Mueller, Rosenstein
- 11:57 Clinton stars as central villain in GOP's midterm strategy
- 11:35 Trump wrongly claims NKorea has agreed to 'denuclearization'