Harrisburg, Newark among priciest airports last year
With the spread of discount airlines across the country, some fliers have come to expect airfare deals. But those may have been hard to come by last year at a handful of airports that had the highest ticket prices in the U.S.
“When you have less competition, fewer seats and strong demand from a region, you have the ability to raise fares,’’ says Scott Miller, spokesman for Harrisburg International Airport in Pennsylvania, where the average domestic fare was $480.32 in the third quarter of 2015. That's the second highest among the nation’s top 100 airports. “To the consumer it’s... read more
- 03:38 Overconfident? Dem optimism surges as midterms approach
- 03:38 Trump picks combat over caution in court fight
- 02:55 Trump promises to rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 02:55 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 02:13 Rosenstein's fate could turn on which account Trump believes
- 22:55 Ted Cruz and Beto OâRourke take plenty of shots in first debate
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings