Harvey victims: do you want your homes bought out or elevated? Click here.
Homeowners flooded during Hurricane Harvey who want help elevating their homes -- or who have seen enough flooding and want the government to buy them out -- are being asked to submit their information to the city of Houston.
The Harris County Flood Control District has run a buyout program for years, purchasing about 3,000 properties since the 1980s. More information about the county's program can be found here, and the voluntary interest form can be found here.
The city typically has let the county handle home buyouts, and last October approved forwarding the Flood Control District $10.7... read more
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...
- 15:52 Jets emerging as 'serious' contender to sign Ndamukong Suh, per report
- 15:41 Rochester Amerks 'humble' legend Dick Gamble dies
- 15:21 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the defensive backs
- 14:55 NFL players: Study to detect CTE markers in the living needs you
- 14:52 First lady recognizes 10 women with global courage awards