Haute Hippie clothing sues former employees for theft of company funds
A group of employees looted chic clothing label Haute Hippie, the company says — and they didn’t spend a cent on tie-dye or granola.
The crooked co-workers instead stole hundreds of thousands of dollars to finance a high-flying, club-hopping lifestyle, according to a lawsuit filed Wednesday.
Four Haute Hippie employees, along with 10 John Joes and Jane Does, were accused of a “criminal pattern of gluttonous spending and outrageous excess.”
The quartet of identified conspirators allegedly performed “acts of unashamed thievery ... to steal and misuse Haute Hippie’s corporate funds for wholly... read more
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional
- 16:08 ASU football schedule 2018: Kickoff for San Diego State game announced
- 15:48 Former President George H.W. Bush still 'responding and recovering'
- 14:53 Grand Canyon coach Dan Majerle names Louis Wilson as assistant