He saved 6 men at Pearl Harbor. Finally, 76 years later, he's being honored
CLOSE These men experienced the horror of the sinking of the battleship USS Arizona and lived to tell about it. “Witnesses to infamy: The survivors of the attack on the battleship USS Arizona,” an azcentral special documentary Pat Shannahan.
Anyone who heard the story of Joe George at Pearl Harbor knew at once this was the story of a hero: a young sailor who risked his life in the fiery Japanese ambush to rescue the last six survivors from the sinking USS Arizona.
Joe George should get a medal for what he did, everyone would say.
Strangers who heard the story said it. The men he saved said... read more
- 00:43 Man jailed in Venezuela for 2 years returns to US
- 00:43 Backchannel, 'Dracula' help free Utah man in Venezuela
- 18:41 Trump's 'phony' source turns out to be White House official
- 11:57 Sutherland Springs survivor urges gun owners to push back against NRA
- 11:18 The Latest: US team heading to Singapore to work on summit
- 10:19 Family grateful for Utah man's 'miracle' Venezuela release
- 09:36 Resistance makes subtle impact even where Trump is popular