Healthy-food franchises expanding in metro Phoenix
Two healthy-food franchises are among the businesses opening new metro Phoenix during the second half of this year.
One is Smoothie King, a New Orleans-based business that has two Phoenix-area franchises. Plans call for another two this year and four more next year, said Steve Shields, the company's franchise development manager.
Healthy and nutritious food is popular among today's consumers, he said.
"The demographics are right for the product we have," he said. Smoothie King's smoothies can be divided into four categories: meal replacements, high-protein alternatives, vegan and... read more
- 14:06 Chuck Schumer endorses Tahir Javed in Houston congressional race
- 13:54 Lawyer: Melania Trump's parents are permanent US residents
- 13:54 Abbott asks TEA to identify, publicize school districts behind on...
- 13:46 US panel recommends new adult vaccine against hepatitis B
- 13:46 Murphy reverses Christie, approves $7.5M for women's health
- 13:32 Arizona special congressional election: Mail your ballot today
- 12:45 Audit: Arizona fails to collect $36.7 million in drug rebates
- 12:45 Ritz-Carlton finally breaks ground on Paradise Valley resort
- 12:10 White House says US could reach 3 percent growth rate
- 12:07 Arizona Diamondbacks trade history: Notable deals