Held improperly by Sheriff's Office under Arpaio? You could be compensated
CLOSE In this episode of azcentral Rewind, we look back at the polarizing career of former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and what made Sheriff Joe such a controversial figure. Sean Logan/azcentral.com
A program intended to compensate people who were stopped or held by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in violation of an immigration-related court order is accepting applications.
The victim-compensation program stems from a long-running racial-profiling case under ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio's reign. It applies to those who were stopped or held by MCSO between Dec. 23, 2011, and May 24,... read more
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...
- 16:25 Buying a new car? Here are the four best deals
- 16:23 Newcomer’s guide to spring in Phoenix
- 15:49 Trump to attend Gridiron Dinner after skipping it last year
- 15:47 Finals fours: Setting the Arizona high school basketball...
- 15:30 In 'Educated,' the inspiring story of an isolated young woman...
- 15:08 Los Angeles Dodgers eager to finish what they started, win the...
- 15:01 Craft beer, whiskey producers hail giant excise tax cut