Held improperly by Sheriff's Office under Arpaio? You could be compensated
CLOSE In this episode of azcentral Rewind, we look back at the polarizing career of former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio and what made Sheriff Joe such a controversial figure. Sean Logan/azcentral.com
A program intended to compensate people who were stopped or held by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office in violation of an immigration-related court order is accepting applications.
The victim-compensation program stems from a long-running racial-profiling case under ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio's reign. It applies to those who were stopped or held by MCSO between Dec. 23, 2011, and May 24,... read more
- 08:39 Last Minute Gift Ideas for the Jetsetter
- 08:12 Luxury homes: $1.5M Phoenix mansion has hand-scraped hardwood floors
- 08:09 South Carolina serial killer did time for Arizona rape
- 08:09 Advocates use petitions to force Phoenix council votes on passion...
- 08:09 Lead not common in Arizona schools' drinking water, report finds
- 08:09 Arizona law and surrogacy: What you need to know
- 06:45 Baby milk maker orders global recall over salmonella fears
- 06:43 Residents return to rubble as fire crews make progress on San Diego...
- 05:33 Diphtheria deaths in Indonesia spark immunization campaign
- 04:04 Start the clock for Trump, GOP in last push on taxes, budget