Here's how GoFundMe works and how it makes its money
CLOSE Here is everything you need to know about how GoFundMe works, how it pays you and how it makes its money.
GoFundMe is America's answer to mass shootings and other national tragedies.
Within hours of the Nov. 5 shooting that left 26 dead and 20 more injured at a rural church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, GoFundMe campaigns had been established in the names of victims.
Two days later, more than $1.2 million had been raised from 17,000 donors. And the money keeps coming in. A week after the shooting, nearly $1.5 million had been raised on 28 different GoFundMe accounts.
But as much as... read more
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...