Here's how GoFundMe works and how it makes its money
CLOSE Here is everything you need to know about how GoFundMe works, how it pays you and how it makes its money.
GoFundMe is America's answer to mass shootings and other national tragedies.
Within hours of the Nov. 5 shooting that left 26 dead and 20 more injured at a rural church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, GoFundMe campaigns had been established in the names of victims.
Two days later, more than $1.2 million had been raised from 17,000 donors. And the money keeps coming in. A week after the shooting, nearly $1.5 million had been raised on 28 different GoFundMe accounts.
But as much as... read more
- 12:52 Julian Castro cancels trip to presidential caucus state to protest...
- 12:38 Billboard tells liberals to keep driving until they've left Texas
- 10:52 Houston makes short list for the 2020 Democratic National Convention
- 07:59 Bolton: NK has 'dramatic choice,' talks will move quickly
- 01:32 Trump stands firm on immigration policy, sees it as a winner
- 00:30 Trump takes swipe at South Carolina's Sanford in GOP meeting
- 00:30 Lewandowski on girl with Down syndrome: 'Wah wah'
- 20:23 What life inside migrant internment camps looks like
- 20:17 Congressman responds after public demands answers on migrant...
- 19:30 With eyes on midterms, Trump embraces immigration fight