Here's how GoFundMe works and how it makes its money
CLOSE Here is everything you need to know about how GoFundMe works, how it pays you and how it makes its money.
GoFundMe is America's answer to mass shootings and other national tragedies.
Within hours of the Nov. 5 shooting that left 26 dead and 20 more injured at a rural church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, GoFundMe campaigns had been established in the names of victims.
Two days later, more than $1.2 million had been raised from 17,000 donors. And the money keeps coming in. A week after the shooting, nearly $1.5 million had been raised on 28 different GoFundMe accounts.
But as much as... read more
- 09:47 The Latest: Trump salutes military progress
- 08:41 Cool Home: Scottsdale interior decorator lets her whimsy run wild
- 08:39 5 iconic Phoenix holiday events
- 08:39 Building a different kind of wall on the border to revive a dying land
- 07:19 Trump presents his report card, passes with flying colors
- 00:26 Auto show zooms into Phoenix with latest tech twists
- 00:12 'The State of Aging': Latinos keep aging relatives out of nursing...
- 23:55 Devin Booker his unreal shot at buzzer to send Suns into OT against...
- 23:54 Nashville Predators 3, Montreal Canadiens 2: 3 things we learned
- 22:39 Arizona Lottery game glitch produces duplicated results again