High school hockey: Headers rally, oust Wolfpack
Marblehead had been down before, and the boys had shown time and time again that they should never be counted out.
The top-seeded and unbeaten Headers (24-0-1) proved it again last night, scoring twice in the third period to rally past No. 5 Boston Latin, 2-1, in the Division 2 North semifinals at Chelmsford Forum in Billerica.
“The perseverance was tremendous,” Marblehead coach Bob Jackson said. “We kept saying, ‘Get pucks to the net and good things will happen.’ ”
Midway through the final frame, Andrew McGurrin accepted a sweet feed from Owen Piccariello and roofed the puck far side over... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions