High school sports gone wild: What has happened to sportsmanship?
Apache Junction's gymnasium in January is evacuated during a girls basketball game that got more chippy in the stands. The only spectators left are Scottsdale Coronado's junior-varsity players, who are instructed not to cheer.
They have to stay because the varsity team is their ride home. After Coronado pulls out a close win, the girls are escorted by Apache Junction security to their bus. Apache Junction Athletic Director Tina Harshman confirmed first-year Coronado coach Jamie Fellows' account.
"I had never seen anything like it before," Fellows says.
In December at Phoenix... read more
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...