Higley forfeits game, gets booted from Arizona high school playoffs after Saguaro fight
Gilbert Higley had to forfeit its play-in win over Scottsdale Saguaro and has given up its spot in the 4A, 16-team state tournament bracket, following a fight that ended the game between Higley and Saguaro last week.
That means Phoenix Moon Valley, which would have opened at home on Wednesday against Higley, advances to Saturday's quarterfinals.
Because Higley players left the bench area during a fight that ended the game against Saguaro early in the fourth quarter, the Arizona Interscholastic Association ruled both teams had to forfeit the contest.
The decision is non-appealable.
The... read more
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...
- 20:39 Police investigate officer-involved shooting at Scottsdale Fashion...
- 18:43 Diamondbacks hope bats can thrive minus J.D. Martinez