Higley forfeits game, gets booted from Arizona high school playoffs after Saguaro fight
Gilbert Higley had to forfeit its play-in win over Scottsdale Saguaro and has given up its spot in the 4A, 16-team state tournament bracket, following a fight that ended the game between Higley and Saguaro last week.
That means Phoenix Moon Valley, which would have opened at home on Wednesday against Higley, advances to Saturday's quarterfinals.
Because Higley players left the bench area during a fight that ended the game against Saguaro early in the fourth quarter, the Arizona Interscholastic Association ruled both teams had to forfeit the contest.
The decision is non-appealable.
The... read more
- 08:20 The Latest: Trump defends Putin summit, vows 'big results'
- 06:45 Democrat Kim Olson has more cash, less debt than Agriculture...
- 06:45 Texas Senate panel meets today to discuss mass shootings in schools
- 05:05 Ex-FBI chief Comey urges voters to support Democrats in fall
- 04:34 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House