Higley-Saguaro state playoff basketball game ends when fight breaks out
An Arizona high school basketball game ended prematurely when a fight broke out Friday night.
Gilbert Higley was declared the winner over visiting Scottsdale Saguaro in the boys state tournament play-in game when it was called with 6:48 left.
But Higley Athletic Director Aaron Dille said, "I would argue there no winners there."
Higley was leading 63-37 when a fight occurred in front of the Saguaro bench, Dille said.
It was captured on film by AZ Finest Mixtape.
Dille said a Higley and Saguaro player were "jawing with each other." It escalated to one player shoving the... read more
- 08:11 Digital billboards that run ads in schools spark controversy in...
- 07:59 UNICEF says Pakistan is riskiest country for newborns
- 07:26 Turner to announce new public safety and homeland security chief...
- 03:05 Complaint filed against Idaho senator who yelled at students
- 02:28 Trump offers support for background checks on gun buys
- 02:28 Trump endorses Romney's Senate bid â and Romney accepts
- 02:25 Tentative deal reached over inmate death in jail run by Arpaio
- 01:31 Stuck in an opioids crisis, officials turn to acupuncture
- 00:34 Donald Trump Jr. arrives in India to help sell apartments
- 00:12 Thousands honor school shooting victims in vigils across Florida