Hilderbran voted out at Facilities Commission
AUSTIN — Harvey Hilderbran, the executive director and former lawmaker leading the Texas Facilities Commission, lost his job Thursday morning after the board that oversees the agency voted 5-2 to fire him, according to media reports.
The vote to let Hilderbran go comes about a month after an investigation from the Texas Tribune discovered dysfunction within the agency, apparently rooted in Hilderbran's management style. Hilderbran assumed the post in 2015. Prior to working with the agency, he served in the Texas House beginning in 1988.
Other staff were also let go, although calls to the... read more
- 00:51 Anti-Trump images become big business for DC projectionist
- 00:27 Trump looks to Brennan for a foil in Russia probe spat
- 19:00 Trump elevates Brennan in proxy fight over Mueller probe
- 17:49 Watergate wisdom? Cohen lawyer turns to Nixon turncoat
- 17:16 AP EXPLAINS: Trump tweets stir up ghosts of McCarthy, Nixon
- 16:45 The Latest: Trump notes border agent's 'perfect English'
- 16:13 Melania Trump planning solo international swing to Africa
- 15:04 Trump honors federal immigration officials at White House
- 14:27 AP sources: Prosecutors preparing charges against Cohen
- 13:13 Giuliani clarifies his 'truth isn't truth' puzzler