Hilderbran voted out at Facilities Commission
AUSTIN — Harvey Hilderbran, the executive director and former lawmaker leading the Texas Facilities Commission, lost his job Thursday morning after the board that oversees the agency voted 5-2 to fire him, according to media reports.
The vote to let Hilderbran go comes about a month after an investigation from the Texas Tribune discovered dysfunction within the agency, apparently rooted in Hilderbran's management style. Hilderbran assumed the post in 2015. Prior to working with the agency, he served in the Texas House beginning in 1988.
Other staff were also let go, although calls to the... read more
- 10:36 Arizona's best high school track programs: Chandler making mark
- 09:34 The Latest: Trump 'considering' veto of budget bill
- 08:46 Afghan army faulted for sloppiness with blood-type testing
- 02:46 Bolton's appointment comes at sensitive time for China ties
- 01:54 Trump orders huge tariffs on China, raises trade war worries
- 01:17 Which Kentucky basketball players will declare for the 2018 NBA draft?
- 01:03 Bolton replacing McMaster as Trump national security adviser
- 00:58 Trump's plan to remove McMaster wasn't true â until it was
- 22:43 Bickley: Cardinals must take the plunge and move up to get their...
- 20:57 Idaho to require personal details of women getting abortions