History repeats itself for Atletico in final loss
LISBON, Portugal -- For Atletico Madrid, this story line is a little too familiar.
Forty years on from conceding a last-minute goal in its only previous European Cup final, Atletico endured a similar ending Saturday as a stoppage-time equalizer helped Real Madrid rally for a 4-1 extra-time victory in the Champions League final.
Atletico's nickname the "pupas" — or "jinxed ones" — stems from the 1974 European Cup loss to Bayern Munich, which scored a 120th-minute equalizer to force a replay that it won 4-0.
Atletico looked set to follow up its first... read more
- 21:50 Trump says he'll rid Justice Dept. of 'lingering stench'
- 19:58 Hilarious memes rip Cruz, O'Rourke during first senate debate
- 18:34 Shame, fear: Survivors explain not reporting sexual assaults
- 16:34 As he considers 2020, Biden airs regrets of Thomas hearings
- 15:25 First black female White House reporter gets Newseum statue
- 14:57 Judge denies bid to block courthouse immigration arrests
- 14:49 Rosenstein denies that he proposed secretly taping Trump
- 14:39 Evangelicals push Senate Republicans to confirm Kavanaugh
- 13:46 Obama turns focus on Pennsylvania, hopes to boost Democrats
- 11:16 The Latest: Trump delays release of Russia probe documents