History repeats itself for Atletico in final loss
LISBON, Portugal -- For Atletico Madrid, this story line is a little too familiar.
Forty years on from conceding a last-minute goal in its only previous European Cup final, Atletico endured a similar ending Saturday as a stoppage-time equalizer helped Real Madrid rally for a 4-1 extra-time victory in the Champions League final.
Atletico's nickname the "pupas" — or "jinxed ones" — stems from the 1974 European Cup loss to Bayern Munich, which scored a 120th-minute equalizer to force a replay that it won 4-0.
Atletico looked set to follow up its first... read more
- 01:43 Trump tries to change focus of border debate
- 01:05 Trump advises GOP: Quit wasting time on immigration.
- 20:58 OâRourke to Democrats: Go to Trump country
- 20:15 Julian Castro says family separation issue far from over
- 18:24 Sylvester Turner fires up Texas Democrats at party convention
- 18:24 Does the Democratic Party have the talent, money to carry the day?
- 17:01 Immigration turmoil widens political divide, turns into political...
- 16:46 First lady's 'don't care' jacket is a gift to memers online
- 16:27 Texas budget board asks state agencies to slash 10 percent from...
- 15:43 Mayor Turner names new finance director for city of Houston