History repeats itself for Atletico in final loss
LISBON, Portugal -- For Atletico Madrid, this story line is a little too familiar.
Forty years on from conceding a last-minute goal in its only previous European Cup final, Atletico endured a similar ending Saturday as a stoppage-time equalizer helped Real Madrid rally for a 4-1 extra-time victory in the Champions League final.
Atletico's nickname the "pupas" — or "jinxed ones" — stems from the 1974 European Cup loss to Bayern Munich, which scored a 120th-minute equalizer to force a replay that it won 4-0.
Atletico looked set to follow up its first... read more
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...
- 22:38 Trump calls for death penalty to 'get tough' on drug pushers
- 21:43 Colts add tight end Eric Ebron in free agency
- 21:42 Diamondbacks' Steven Souza looking to trim back on strikeouts
- 21:18 About that Isaac Haas brace project Purdue coach Matt Painter...
- 21:02 Florida High hires Charlie Ward as boys basketball coach