Hitting high notes, creating majestic music for Denali
HOMER -- My first view of the mountain was in July 1981 from the banks of the Talkeetna River. I had arrived fresh off a drive up the Alaska Highway with my acoustic piano in the back of my step van.
After performing as a street musician and pied piper at schools in each of the Lower 48 states, I decided to head north. I was thrilled to be invited by the Talkeetna Historical Society to perform for their annual Moose Dropping Festival. My first gig in Alaska.
Between shows, I would walk down to the end of Main Street, plop down on the sand, lean against a rock and stare at the Alaska Range.... read more
- 16:25 In Iowa, McAuliffe says he's not ruling out 2020 campaign
- 15:44 Trump to visit North Carolina to survey Florence impact
- 14:21 White House releases new biodefense strategy
- 14:01 The Latest: Trump considering permanent US troops in Poland
- 13:39 Ted Cruz holds 9 point lead on Beto OâRourke, new poll shows
- 12:39 Trump welcomes president of Poland to the White House
- 09:04 5 ways Trump's tariffs on $200B in China goods could be felt
- 06:38 John Cornyn picks fight with Beto, gets battle with Houston police...