Hobson City after-school program receives much-needed donations
slideshow HOBSON CITY – Maudine Holloway was certain that without a donation, the Sable Learning Center’s after school program in Hobson City would not reopen at the start of school in August.
But thanks to a $5,000 grant, the 25 or so children who take part in the program each school year will do so again this year.
“We would not have been able to ... we just didn’t know where the money was going to come from to pay the help and buy the food,” Holloway said.
Holloway, director of the non-profit Community Enabler Developer, which runs the center, had only thanks for the grant, which boosted... read more
- 17:21 FBI agent removed from Russia probe is willing to testify
- 17:00 Trump adviser Roger Stone reveals new meeting with Russian
- 11:27 Conway says 'nobody likes' family separation policy
- 11:27 Giuliani says Trump could issue pardons after Russia probe
- 02:21 Police: Second sheriff's deputy dead after shooting during...