Hobson City after-school program receives much-needed donations
slideshow HOBSON CITY – Maudine Holloway was certain that without a donation, the Sable Learning Center’s after school program in Hobson City would not reopen at the start of school in August.
But thanks to a $5,000 grant, the 25 or so children who take part in the program each school year will do so again this year.
“We would not have been able to ... we just didn’t know where the money was going to come from to pay the help and buy the food,” Holloway said.
Holloway, director of the non-profit Community Enabler Developer, which runs the center, had only thanks for the grant, which boosted... read more
- 17:17 Investigators combing through confessed bomberâs âtarget listâ
- 16:11 Stocks plunge on worries over trade war
- 15:24 ASU football loses WR John Humphrey to Achilles injury
- 15:14 NFL draft trade rumors: Could Arizona Cardinals pick USC QB Sam...
- 15:02 ASU women's basketball returns entire team, gets Haines back, adds...
- 14:39 Dougherty: Same old, same old for Packers in free agency
- 13:59 Porn actress' lawyer demands Trump business retain documents
- 13:38 The Latest: Trump says he'd like to testify in Russia probe
- 13:15 Arizona Cardinals re-sign offensive lineman Daniel Munyer
- 13:15 Former ASU offensive lineman Stephen Berg dies at 34