Homeless man dies after being struck by vehicle in Birmingham
The smell of flesh lingered in the air after a homeless man was struck by a vehicle on the Red Mountain Expressway on Tuesday night.
Birmingham Police said the unidentified man was trying to cross the road when he was struck by a car near the University Boulevard exit at 10 p.m. His feet, which were cut off during the accident, were lying on the road as officers investigated the scene.
Police have closed the northbound lanes to gather more information about the wreck.
This article will be updated when more information becomes available.
- 10:24 Teddy Bridgewater 'excited' about joining the Jets, but will he be...
- 10:08 Donors raise $560 million for Gaza water treatment plant
- 09:56 Austin police investigating suspicious package FedEx facility near...
- 09:50 Texas water board withdraws application for $1.8M grants for flood...
- 07:34 City Council to call election to replace Larry Green
- 00:55 First lady to hold first public event on cyberbullying
- 00:49 GOP leaders have yet to move to protect special counsel
- 00:49 In NH and Iowa, Trump eyes 2020 re-election as midterms loom
- 00:21 Quick challenge for Mississippi's 15-week abortion ban
- 23:40 Moore: Kevin Sumlin looks ready as spring practice, new era begin...