Homeless man dies after being struck by vehicle in Birmingham
The smell of flesh lingered in the air after a homeless man was struck by a vehicle on the Red Mountain Expressway on Tuesday night.
Birmingham Police said the unidentified man was trying to cross the road when he was struck by a car near the University Boulevard exit at 10 p.m. His feet, which were cut off during the accident, were lying on the road as officers investigated the scene.
Police have closed the northbound lanes to gather more information about the wreck.
This article will be updated when more information becomes available.
- 12:12 Mets send Zack Wheeler to minors after he struggles during camp
- 02:50 Perry baseball holds off Red Mountain, wins on the road
- 01:38 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 01:38 Trump's impulses put White House credibility on the line
- 01:09 ASU football's quest for defensive improvement starts almost from...
- 22:55 Pinnacle softball rolls through Mountain Pointe
- 22:06 Trump order would ban most transgender troops from serving
- 21:07 Odell Beckham Jr. sued for $15 million in alleged assault, NY...
- 20:40 Arizona Diamondbacks mulling options following Steven Souza Jr. injury
- 20:40 Gilbert American Leadership Academy sports to remain on probation...