Horizon High School baseball community rallies for pitcher Collin Demas as he battles leukemia
He thought he had the flu over the holidays. It turned out to be leukemia for Phoenix Horizon High School junior baseball player and golfer Collin Demas.
Now he's in the fight for his life.
Diagnosed last week, a passionate Horizon baseball community has jumped in to help the pitcher and his family, as he begins chemotherapy.
"The kids in our program have been unbelievable," baseball coach Eric Kibler said. "The kids have rallied around him."
Kibler said #9strong and CollinStrong, We Are In This Together! shirts have been made. Demas' jersey number is 9.
The community... read more
- 18:14 Game Day: Phoenix Suns take on Cavaliers in Cleveland
- 17:58 Phoenix Rising FC set for home opener for OKC Energy
- 17:43 QB Verlon Reed Jr., ready to return for Arizona Rattlers with 1st...
- 17:41 Trump says administration will ban bump stock devices
- 17:13 Protests erupt in Poland over plan to tighten abortion law
- 16:06 Something to brag about? ASU beat five teams contending for a...
- 15:52 Jets emerging as 'serious' contender to sign Ndamukong Suh, per report
- 15:41 Rochester Amerks 'humble' legend Dick Gamble dies
- 15:21 Arizona Cardinals NFL draft history: A look at the defensive backs
- 14:55 NFL players: Study to detect CTE markers in the living needs you