Horizon Pharma to acquire Vidara for about $660M
DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Horizon Pharma Inc. plans to buy the privately held Vidara Therapeutics International Ltd. in a cash-and-stock deal that will add the immune system disorder drug Actimmune to the specialty drugmaker's product portfolio.
Shares of Horizon soared in premarket trading Wednesday after the Deerfield, Ill., company said it will pay about $660 million in a deal that creates an Ireland-based company named Horizon Pharma PLC.
Vidara shareholders will receive $200 million in cash and retain about a 26 percent stake in Horizon Pharma PLC.
Horizon Chairman and CEO Timothy P. Walbert... read more
- 22:57 Judge rules against ending program to protect Dreamers
- 22:37 Ex-Coronado QB Jay Vanderjagt 'shocked' by NFL QB Jared Goff's prank
- 22:10 Diamondbacks treat 9-year-old with a rough road ahead to a day at park
- 18:23 Recruiting: Pinnacle sophomore point guard Nico Mannion gets offer...
- 18:23 ASU football signs home-and-home deal with Mississippi State
- 17:57 Trump backtracks on Syria after talks with French leader
- 17:31 In plan to fix special education, Texas Education Agency will spend...
- 17:31 Abbott calls for emergency special election to replace...
- 17:09 Agency warns retailers not to sell Juul e-cigarette to kids
- 17:09 The Latest: Watchdog: VA nominee Jackson was unprofessional