HOT BLAST: Why Judd's decision is good for Democrats
slideshow Actress Ashley Judd is famous for several things -- her work in Hollywood, her activism and her position as the first fan of the Kentucky Wildcat basketball team. But she's not going to add to that list the the title of U.S. senator.
Not now, at least.
Judd announced Wednesday that she would not run as a Democrat against incumbent Republican Sen. Mitch McConnell, who Democrats believe is vulnerable. Today, the Washington Post published a story explaining why it felt Democrats should rejoice over Judd's decision.
The short version: Judd would have a virtually impossible time trying... read more
- 02:23 Defense sparkles again as Diamondbacks take series against Giants
- 01:52 EPA head showed penchant for travel, drivers even before DC
- 01:06 In Comey memos, Trump talks of jailed journalists, 'hookers'
- 01:06 Trump legal team in Russia probe gets Rudy Giuliani
- 01:06 Tucson Roadrunners win playoff debut against San Jose Barracuda
- 00:11 Matthew Liberatore wins battle of top prospects against Nolan Gorman
- 22:55 Report: Mike Budenholzer withdraws name from Suns' consideration
- 22:34 Woman's win of nursing home money a rarity in aging Japan
- 22:29 Game Day: Diamondbacks meet the Padres for first time in 2018
- 21:18 Patrick Corbin riding his slider to early-season dominance