House passes special tax breaks for hurricane victims
WASHINGTON – The U.S. House cleared legislation Thursday providing special tax benefits for residents affected by the hurricanes that recently hit Texas, Florida, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
However the tax help faces an uncertain future in the Senate, which is expected to rework unrelated flood insurance provisions as part of a legislative package that also includes major aviation policy.
Controversy surrounding the flood insurance measures tripped up the same bill on Monday, when the House could not muster the two-thirds majority needed to pass it under expedited rules.
READ... read more
- 17:51 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 16:00 What happens to Mueller probe if Rosenstein loses his job?
- 15:21 Trump riding in sleeker version of 'Beast' presidential limo
- 13:15 Harris County to begin work on new floodplain maps
- 12:51 Trump takes aim at Iran in UN speech
- 12:51 Cody Wilson, 3-D printer gun activist, steps down from company...
- 11:45 Protesters chase Ted Cruz and Heidi Cruz from Washington restaurant
- 11:19 Solid gold