Houston City Council to consider $3.2M stadium deal with SaberCats rugby team
Houston could get a big step closer to a new rugby stadium if City Council signs off on a proposed deal with the Houston SaberCats this week.
The city owns 120 acres at the Houston Amateur Sports Park, along TX-288 south of Mowery Road, which it has leased to an independent board since 2011.
Council on Wednesday will be asked to let the sports park board lease 41 acres of the site to the team – formerly known as the Strikers -- to build and operate a stadium there.
In exchange for building a 760-space public parking lot and installing lighting, landscaping, utility lines and access roads... read more
- 16:00 Texas Republican Rep. Will Hurd says Trump is being manipulated by...
- 13:56 The Latest: AP source: Trump on tape about Playmate payment
- 13:01 NY Times: Trump was recorded talking of paying Playboy model
- 12:33 As trial ends, U.S. judge questions constitutionality of Texas...
- 12:04 Trump heightens tariff threat in trade war with China
- 11:23 Japan's Abe: US auto tariffs will cost US jobs, harm economy
- 06:59 Statewide data shows Texas anti-vaccine movement is growing
- 05:13 Trump slams rate increases by independent Federal Reserve
- 01:42 Translators stay in shadows, but Dems want Trump's to emerge
- 00:45 Trump-Putin II: Planning fall event in aftermath of Helsinki