Houston City Council to consider $3.2M stadium deal with SaberCats rugby team
Houston could get a big step closer to a new rugby stadium if City Council signs off on a proposed deal with the Houston SaberCats this week.
The city owns 120 acres at the Houston Amateur Sports Park, along TX-288 south of Mowery Road, which it has leased to an independent board since 2011.
Council on Wednesday will be asked to let the sports park board lease 41 acres of the site to the team – formerly known as the Strikers -- to build and operate a stadium there.
In exchange for building a 760-space public parking lot and installing lighting, landscaping, utility lines and access roads... read more
- 13:31 Trump scolds California for 'no help' in fighting MS-13 gang
- 13:18 Endangered Mexican gray wolf population remained flat in new count
- 13:10 Suspect in fatal triple shooting has died; police unsure if wound...
- 13:04 Toyota dominates Consumer Reports 2018 Top Picks for vehicles
- 13:03 Agent's detailed records show exactly how much players' families...
- 13:01 Pence urges conservatives to 'defend' Trump accomplishments
- 12:53 Tyrod Taylor to Cardinals? Buffalo Bills quarterback predicted to...
- 12:47 ASU women's basketball seeks 20th win vs. No. 8 Oregon
- 12:17 Police evaluating threat made on social media toward St. Mary's...
- 12:03 School district: AG's unlawful electioneering allegation 'misleading'