Houston City Council to debate stricter, Harvey-driven development rules
Houston City Council today will discuss a slate of changes to the city's development rules that Mayor Sylvester Turner proposed last month.
The council's regulatory and infrastructure committees will meet jointly at 2:30 p.m. in council chambers at City Hall, 901 Bagby. Public speakers can sign up in person -- and any number of representatives of the real estate, development and building industries are expected to do so.
Read more: Turner proposes stricter development rules to boost flood control in Houston
Houston Public Works director Carol Haddock said preliminary, "pre-draft"... read more
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...