Houston City Council weighs launch of new home construction program
Houston City Council this week will consider launching a new home construction program, as city officials seek to fill a gap in the area's booming housing market.
The council is being asked to approve a $6.7 million agreement with a dozen homebuilders and with the Houston Land Bank, the agency that owns the lots on which the homes would be built.
Now Playing: We spoke with a Phoenix realtor to learn more about getting your dream house in today's competitive housing market.
Media: Fox10Phoenix The funds would come from the city's annual block grants from the U.S. Department of Housing and... read more
- 18:46 US newsrooms to Trump: We're not enemies of the people
- 18:08 After Brennan, 9 others face losing security clearances, too
- 15:30 White House says it values diversity, won't disclose numbers
- 15:03 Trump makes good on threat to revoke Brennan's clearance
- 14:00 DNC chair, Ellison discuss abuse allegations after primary
- 11:49 US sanctions shipping firms over North Korea trade
- 11:03 Ex-Trump campaign manager says Bloomberg is 2020 threat
- 11:03 The Latest: Prosecutors say greed, deception drove Manafort
- 09:07 White House admits error for false claim on black employment
- 07:26 City accused of using misleading ballot language for ReBuild...