Houston congressional race in 'toss-up' Culberson district gets a Super Bowl ad
WASHINGTON – Game-time temperatures in Minneapolis are forecast to hover around zero, but a Democratic congressional primary in Houston will be heating up with a pricey Super Bowl ad in the fourth quarter.
Activist and writer Laura Moser, one of seven Democrats vying in the March 6 primary to challenge Republican incumbent John Culberson, is running her first television ad once during the final commercial break of the game.
The $50,000 spot represents a significant chunk of the $329,492 her campaign reported at the end of January. It is also expected to air more regularly with targeted... read more
- 00:41 Trump backs off siding with Russia over US intelligence
- 22:13 Where Texas politicians stand on marijuana
- 17:35 Trump blames 'double negative' for furor over Putin meeting
- 17:21 Lights go out during Trump statement at the White House
- 13:35 The Latest: Lawmakers want Pompeo to testify on Russia
- 13:26 Trump unfazed by GOP criticism, says Putin meeting was great
- 13:05 Houstonâs Freeway Rapist back in custody after new arrest
- 12:37 Justin Nelson reports $1.1 million in campaign coffer, Texas AG Ken...
- 10:31 As Gov. Abbott allocates $16M for ad campaign, challenger Valdez...