Houston congressional race in 'toss-up' Culberson district gets a Super Bowl ad
WASHINGTON – Game-time temperatures in Minneapolis are forecast to hover around zero, but a Democratic congressional primary in Houston will be heating up with a pricey Super Bowl ad in the fourth quarter.
Activist and writer Laura Moser, one of seven Democrats vying in the March 6 primary to challenge Republican incumbent John Culberson, is running her first television ad once during the final commercial break of the game.
The $50,000 spot represents a significant chunk of the $329,492 her campaign reported at the end of January. It is also expected to air more regularly with targeted... read more
- 23:50 Grand Canyon helicopter crash: Donations sought for survivors,...
- 22:47 Trump endorses Romney for Senate bid in Utah
- 22:43 Here's 5 performances of 'The Star-Spangled Banner' worse than...
- 21:45 Arizona has no official state dinosaur, so an 11-year-old proposed...
- 20:34 2 shot dead inside Phoenix residence; no arrests made
- 18:51 Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Judge take their first cuts together this...
- 18:51 Arizona Coyotes goaltender Antti Raanta named NHL star of the week
- 18:37 Diamondbacks sign outfielder Jarrod Dyson
- 17:52 Man shot dead by off-duty officer at Scottsdale mall pointed gun at...
- 17:33 Arizona Diamondbacks: Should best trades in franchise history...