Houston Democrat Al Green to boycott Trump's first State of the Union adddress
WASHINGTON – Houston Democrat Al Green, who has sought President Donald Trump's impeachment three times, announced Tuesday that he will boycott the president's first State of the Union address.
"Tonight, I will do something that is as old as the Boston Tea Party, righteous as the Civil Rights movement, honorable as the Women's Suffrage movement, and as necessary as the LGBTQ rights movement," Green said in a statement.
"All of these actions were done as matters of principle and conviction," he added. "Therefore, tonight, as a matter of principle and conviction, I... read more
- 08:41 Her family saved for Disneyland. Then a Phoenix rental-car company...
- 08:34 Needle exchanges are on the rise across U.S. In Arizona, they're...
- 01:00 Trump stays quiet on shooting victims, fumes over Russia
- 01:00 Former VP Biden mulling another run for presidency
- 23:18 Joe Biden says Trump threatening America's role as a scientific leader
- 22:52 Police: 80-year-old man missing in Surprise
- 22:38 'Our mission is to unite': Phoenix Chinese Week festival celebrates...
- 21:56 Ex-wife of former White House aide says Hatch has apologized
- 21:04 Miguel Cabrera arrives at Detroit Tigers spring training, focused...
- 20:59 Cincinnati Reds' Joey Votto on 2018 season: 'Something needs to...