Houston lawmakers press Senate for action on Harvey recovery funds
WASHINGTON – In a sign of growing impatience, a group of Houston-area lawmakers from both political parties joined in a letter to Senate leaders Friday demanding "prompt" action on an $81 billion disaster relief package that has been held up in partisan gridlock since December.
With all signs pointing to another postponement of a broader budget and immigration deal tied to the disaster funding, a dozen House members from Texas signed on to the letter pleading for Senate action on a House-passed bill providing recovery funds for the victims of Hurricane Harvey and other natural... read more
- 02:49 Phoenix police seek the public's help finding missing 74-year-old...
- 02:08 Trent Hudgens sends Moon Valley past Cactus Shadows to 4A semifinals
- 00:58 Texas Rangers seek to turn talent into title contention
- 00:51 'We're not alone in the universe': Man at Scottsdale UFO conference...
- 23:58 Trump criticizes FBI over handling of shooting suspect tip
- 23:31 'We're not sure if there's a possibility of a better future for...
- 23:08 Shadow Mountain rolls into 4A semifinals with relentless defense
- 22:28 Oakland Athletics, slugger Khris Davis, primed for a step up
- 22:09 Devin Booker sets NBA 3-point contest record with 28 points in win
- 22:07 After massive Mexico earthquake, fatal helicopter crash, Phoenix...