Houston municipal courts to discount fines on some cases via amnesty program
Houston's municipal courts launched a program Monday to discount fines on certain types of low-level misdemeanors, an initiative intended to help resolve outstanding cases.
Defendants and attorneys can apply for the so-called amnesty program by phone, mail or in-person through March 16.
"After Hurricane Harvey, we've all been through a lot and there are many of us who are still rebuilding our lives. Municipal Courts staff can help you have one less thing to worry about," Judge J. Elaine Marshall, director and presiding judge of the city's Municipal Courts Department, said in a... read more
- 14:06 Game Day: Arizona Coyotes battle the Minnesota Wild
- 14:06 Game Day: Phoenix Suns face Golden State Warriors minus their stars
- 11:03 Obama to visit Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Japan
- 03:01 Youth served as 20-year-old Daria Kasatkina outlasts valiant Venus...
- 01:55 ASU baseball opens Pac-12 play with comeback win over Oregon
- 01:11 ASU coach Herm Edwards braves flight with Blue Angels before Friday...
- 00:50 White House chief tells staff their jobs safeâ for now
- 00:42 Trump's possible China tariffs send opponents scrambling
- 00:32 Chaos rules: Left and right, Trump advisers in hot water
- 23:52 Predators clinch playoff spot, increase lead in NHL standings by...